It does not take a lengthy corporate event planning checklist to create an incredible experience that surpasses expectations. Our expert planners boiled down all your big decisions into three key points. In our complete guide to planning your corporate event, we eliminate all the stressful details—sharing just the three things that really matter.
Each of the many reasons to have a company event calls for different plans to make sure you achieve your goals—everything from choosing your menu to planning activities makes a difference. Let us show you how your decisions can lead to an incredibly successful and fun event.
3 Important Considerations When Planning Corporate Events
Type of Amarillo Corporate Event
When figuring out which style event is the right match for your event vision and goals, think about the atmosphere each will create. Do you want to reward employees with a lavish dinner or see them socialize over innovative small bites? As the little black book of corporate event planning explains, “creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas Inspire change.” So think about what story your event and menu will tell and how this will affect guests’ thoughts and actions.
Increasingly more companies are recognizing the importance of employee appreciation parties. They provide a huge value! And with our employee appreciation event tips, you are sure to maximize the benefits of corporate events. But there are lots of indirect ways to show your appreciation as well. Holiday parties, anniversary parties and end-of-year celebrations are all great times to treat and recognize employees.
Even at company events focused on achieving objectives other than rewarding employees, be sure they feel valued. One of the best ways to do this is by treating them to amazing food. From new product rollouts to board meetings, fill guests with nutritious and delicious food that gives them a boost in energy and morale.
Food Service and Menu Options
Once you have your overall vision and have chosen the type of event that facilitates it, your next big decision is the style of food service. From formal plated dinners to box lunches or extravagant buffets, there are lots of ways to satisfy your guests. Interactive stations are an increasingly popular option, and for good reason! They encourage guests to move about your event space to choose exactly what they want to eat while they are wowed by our incredible chefs—what an engaging experience!
Tip: Whatever type of catering service you decide is suited to your event, be sure to include incredibly innovative dishes to inspire employees’ creative side. Your event vision and Chef Rocky Dunnam’s creativity can work together to create the most incredible menus.
Activities and Entertainment
Large corporate events are a great opportunity to bond employees from different departments or share your company with partners, potential clients or maybe even friends and family. Whatever the composition of your guest list, the final big step in your corporate event planning guide is organizing activities and entertainment that will help everyone leave with great memories.
Whether your goal is to foster teamwork, impress and inform or simply have a great time, look for activities that do the following:
- Boost energy: A bit of physical activity is often just what employees need to re-energize for the second half of all-day meetings or events. It can also help them stay loose and limber mentally and physically!
- Foster teamwork: Provide opportunities for people of all ages and different departments to work together and achieve success as a unit.
- Talk to techies: People have technology by their side when working or playing. So let them use it in new and exciting ways at your corporate event. We love these tech-based teambuilding activities.
To make sure you can execute all your awesome event ideas, we suggest the following:
- Allow vendors to have a site inspection: Let your venue know that the companies servicing your event will come to check out the facilities so they come well prepared.
- Check AV/technology amenities: If your décor or entertainment relies on these, make sure they will be available.
- Take advantage of apps and tools: There are so many event apps and new tech tools that make guests’ lives easier and help them get more out of your event. Choose some of the best and customize them with your event info.
Sometimes the best things appear to be simple. This is most certainly true of Chef Rocky Dunnam’s innovative cuisine, and it can be the case when planning a company event with our professionals. To enjoy the confidence that comes from working with the most talented and passionate Amarillo catering company, contact us online or give us a call at 806-350-7580.